Are you looking to expand your business and increase your sales? If so, you may be considering two popular options: selling on AliExpress or reselling on Markaz.
While both platforms have their advantages, choosing the right one for yourself can make a huge difference to your sales and profit.
As a fan of Markaz, you're likely already aware of the many benefits this platform offers.
With its user-friendly interface, built-in social media integration, and focus on community-driven shopping, Markaz is a great choice for resellers looking to connect with customers in their social channels.
But is it the best option for your business?
Let's take a closer look at selling on AliExpress, and compare its features, benefits, and limitations for resellers in Pakistan.
In this blog post, we'll explore the pros and cons of selling on AliExpress versus reselling on Markaz and help you determine which platform is best for your business in 2023.
Advantages Of Selling On AliExpress
AliExpress is a large e-commerce platform that offers a wide range of products to consumers around the world. Here are some of the advantages of selling on AliExpress:
- Access to a large global market: AliExpress has a massive customer base, with millions of buyers from around the world visiting the site every day.
- Low barriers to entry: Selling on AliExpress is relatively easy and affordable, with no upfront costs and low fees.
This makes it accessible to small and new businesses, allowing them to start selling quickly.
- Marketing and promotion: AliExpress provides a number of marketing and promotional tools to help sellers reach potential customers and drive sales.
These tools include targeted advertising, product listings, and email campaigns.
- Customer support: AliExpress offers comprehensive customer support to both buyers and sellers. This includes dispute resolution, payment protection, and help with logistics and shipping.
- Payment processing: AliExpress handles the payment processing, making it easier for sellers to manage their finances.
Disadvantages Of Selling On AliExpress
While AliExpress offers many advantages for sellers, it also has some disadvantages that should be considered:
- Competition: AliExpress is a very crowded marketplace, with a large number of sellers offering similar products.
This can make it challenging for new sellers to stand out and attract customers.
- Long shipping times: Shipping times from China, where many of the products on AliExpress are sourced from, can be slow, taking anywhere from two to six weeks or more.
This can be a major disadvantage for buyers who want their products quickly.
- Quality control: Quality control can be an issue on AliExpress, as some products may not be of the quality that buyers expect.
This can result in returns, negative feedback, and disputes between buyers and sellers.
- Payment disputes: While AliExpress provides some protection for buyers and sellers, payment disputes can still occur.
This can result in delays and disputes that can be difficult to resolve.
- The commission fee: There is a commission for sales on AliExpress. The amount varies depending on the product category.
In general, the commission fee is a percentage of the sale price and ranges from 3% to 50% of the sales amount.
For example, for products in the fashion and clothing category, the commission fee is typically in the range of 10% to 15%.
For electronics and gadgets, the fee may be higher, at around 20% to 30%.
- Additional fee: Additionally, there may be other fees associated with selling on the platform, such as payment processing fees, advertising fees, and storage fees.
Advantages Of Selling On Markaz
Markaz is a social commerce app that connects wholesalers with resellers. Here are some of the advantages of selling on Markaz:
- Convenient and secure: The platform provides a convenient and secure platform for wholesalers to sell their products to a large network of resellers, who in turn sell the products to end consumers.
- Wide audience: With Markaz, wholesalers are able to reach a wider audience of potential customers and increase their sales, while resellers are able to earn a profit by selling products to end consumers.
- Customer support and payments: Markaz offers cash-on-delivery to increase buyers’ ease.
It manages the payment process and shipping, making it easier for both wholesalers and resellers to conduct business.
- High earning potential with zero investment: Resellers have the potential to earn up to Rs. 45,000 per month through the platform without any investment.
- Competitive pricing: Wholesalers often offer lower prices than retail stores, and buying through social commerce can provide even more competitive pricing.
- Trust through social channels: Buyers are more likely to buy a product through social channels after reading public reviews of other local buyers.
- Fast, door-step shipping: Buyers don’t have to wait for their products to arrive because all purchases are made locally. A flat Rs. 90 shipping fee on every order.
How To Sell On AliExpress And Markaz?
Here's a comparison of the selling process on AliExpress and Markaz:
Advantages Of Social Commerce In Pakistan Over Traditional Global E-Commerce
Social commerce has some advantages over traditional global e-commerce platforms, including
- Direct engagement with customers: Social commerce allows small, local businesses to quickly and directly engage with their customers and followers on social media platforms.
A direct engagement in familiar culture and language can help build trust quickly between the reseller and the buyer. This in turn increases customer loyalty.
- Lower costs: Social platforms charge nothing for posts and stories.
However, if you want to promote your post or run ads, then it can cost you as much as you want to afford. You will pay for the ads for a specific duration that you choose. Your control over paid promotions is not only a relief from mandatory payments but may also result in higher profit margins.
- Targeted marketing: Social commerce allows businesses to target specific audiences with their marketing efforts, based on factors such as age, location, interests, and more.
This can result in higher conversion rates and a better return on investment for marketing efforts. A survey by Sprout Social found that over 50% of consumers had made a purchase through Instagram
- Real-time feedback: Social media platforms provide real-time feedback from customers, which can help resellers quickly identify and address any issues or concerns.
- Increased visibility: Social media platforms have large and active user bases, which can help businesses increase their visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Market growth: According to a report McKinsey & Company, live social commerce is projected to reach $30 billion in annual sales by 2025.
Sell On AliExpress Or Markaz: A Comparison
If you are wondering whether to sell on AliExpress or Markaz, our comparison chart may help you decide:
Markaz Is Ready When You Are
Getting started on Markaz is only a download away.
While you browse hundreds of posts every day and look for interesting pages to follow, it might just be the right time to get your own followers on social media.
Just share the products on Markaz with a click and become our valuable reseller.
1- Who is the target audience for AliExpress vs Markaz?
AliExpress targets consumers and businesses globally, while Markaz targets wholesalers and resellers in Pakistan.
2- Which products sell the most on social commerce?
It can vary depending on the platform and the target market, but some products that tend to sell well on social commerce platforms include
- Fashion and beauty products such as clothing, accessories, and skincare products.
- Home accessories and care products such as bed linen and towels.
- Technology and electronics such as smartphones, laptops, and home appliances.
- Personalized and custom products such as custom jewelry, monogrammed items, and personalized gifts.
It is important to note that the products that sell well on social commerce platforms may change over time based on changing local trends and customer preferences.