In the digital age, YouTube has become more than just a platform for watching and sharing videos; it's a legitimate platform for making money.
Content creators around the world have turned their passions into profitable businesses through the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) and various monetization strategies.
With YouTube's ad rates typically ranging from $0.01 to $0.03 per individual ad view, content creators based in Pakistan have the potential to generate approximately $18 for every 1,000 ad views.
Through this article, we’ll learn how to earn money from Youtube views, what is Youtube partner programs, and explore the best practices for optimizing earnings.
How To Earn Money From YouTube Views?
Earning money from YouTube views involves participating in the YouTube Partner Program (YPP), where content creators can monetize their videos through advertisements.
To start, creators must meet eligibility criteria such as having at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months.
Once accepted, ads are displayed on their videos, and they earn a share of the ad revenue. Additionally, diversifying income streams by offering channel memberships, featuring merchandise, utilizing Super Chat during live streams, and exploring branded partnerships can further boost earnings.
Consistent content creation, audience engagement, and SEO optimization are vital for driving higher views and maximizing revenue potential.
Youtube Partner Program
When considering the most conventional method of earning money on YouTube, the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) likely comes to mind. Becoming a YouTube Partner grants you access to diverse lanes for generating revenue from your videos and content:
- Advertising revenue
As a member of the YouTube Partner Program (YPP), you'll have the opportunity to generate ad revenue through various formats, including overlay, display, and video ads that are displayed on your channel.
- YouTube Premium Revenue
YouTube Premium, previously known as 'YouTube Red,' offers a premium viewing experience to subscribers by enabling them to watch videos without ads.
This service introduces an additional revenue stream for content creators, as they receive a portion of the membership fee when their videos are viewed by premium members.
It's important to note that creators need not be concerned about potential income loss due to YouTube Premium members; their earnings are not compromised by viewers' premium status.
- Channel memberships
Through channel memberships, you have the opportunity to provide specific advantages, rewards, and privileges to viewers who opt for paid subscriptions, becoming esteemed members of your channel.
- YouTube BrandConnect
BrandConnect serves as a platform where YouTube facilitates connections between creators and brands seeking to execute branded content campaigns.
This service streamlines the process, making it more convenient for brands to identify suitable YouTubers for advertising collaboration, while simultaneously enabling content creators to establish mutually beneficial agreements.
Worth noting is that currently, the availability of the BrandConnect service is confined to the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- YouTube Shorts Monetization
While the YouTube Shorts Fund program has concluded, you can still monetize through ad revenue from YouTube Shorts. Adhering to YouTube's Shorts guidelines is crucial for content eligibility. Here's a breakdown of how the ad revenue process functions:
- At the close of each month, YouTube consolidates all ad revenue. This cumulative revenue is then integrated into a Creator Pool, which is shared with music artists if their music is featured in your Short. Otherwise, the entire monetary reward is allocated to the Pool.
- Your share of the monetary allocation is determined by your portion of total Shorts views. You’ll retain 45% of this allocated revenue.
How to Join the YouTube Partner Program?
To qualify for the YouTube Partner Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Activate 2-Step Verification for your Google Account.
- Ensure adherence to YouTube's Channel Monetization Policies.
- Reside in a region where the Program is accessible.
- Maintain a clean record without any community guideline strikes on your channel.
- Accumulate 4,000 or more public watch hours within the past year.
- Establish a link between your Google AdSense account and your channel.
- Undergo a review process by YouTube.
How do you get paid by YouTube?
After putting in the effort to monetize your content through the YouTube Partner Program (YPP), understanding the payment process is crucial. YouTube channels are paid via AdSense, requiring you to connect your account to your channel when joining YPP.
It's worth noting that you won't receive payments immediately upon earning. Your earnings must cross specific thresholds before AdSense initiates payments.
Here's the breakdown of how AdSense payments work:
- If you reside in certain regions, you'll have to provide tax details and verify your identity before payment.
- Once your earnings surpass the address verification threshold (above $10 USD), AdSense will send a PIN via mail for address confirmation.
- After entering the PIN on your account, AdSense becomes able to initiate payments.
- Once your earnings exceed $10, you'll need to select your preferred payment method, which you specified when creating your account (bank account or PayPal).
- At this stage, you can choose how you want to receive your funds: Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT), Check, Wire Transfer, Western Union, or Rapida.
- Payments start once your unpaid earnings cross AdSense's payment threshold of $100 USD, and you'll receive monthly payments thereafter.
Monetizing Your YouTube Videos
While the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) provides a direct avenue for monetizing YouTube content, it's not the sole method creators use to earn money on the platform. What are the alternative ways that YouTubers employ to generate income?
8 Other Ways to Make Money On YouTube
Licensing your videos involves granting other media platforms or organizations permission to rebroadcast your content in exchange for a fee. You can either wait for media outlets to approach you directly or consider listing your videos on platforms such as Jukin Media.
- Get your Fans to Pay You Directly
When you've cultivated a dedicated and engaged fan base, it's likely they'll be eager to back you and your content. Whether you're seeking consistent supplementary income or funds for a particular project, fan funding serves as an efficient means of monetizing your YouTube channel.
- Use Crowdfunding
If you're seeking consistent contributions from your fans to support your channel, consider establishing a Patreon account.
Similar to the YPP, this platform allows you to provide membership benefits like access to exclusive content, early-release videos, or special merchandise for your supporters.
Conversely, if you're aiming to secure funds for a specific project, platforms such as GoFundMe or Kickstarter might be more suitable alternatives.
- Become an Affiliate Partner
Utilizing affiliate marketing presents a lucrative opportunity to monetize your YouTube channel, significantly if you're still growing your following. This approach proves advantageous for brands as it entails minimal risk; they only compensate you when your viewers make purchases.
Your task involves endorsing their products to your audience and urging them to use your affiliate link. In return, you receive a percentage of the sales generated from your video-driven promotions.
- Become a Product Influencer
You can elevate your influence by becoming a product influencer for Markaz App, a social commerce platform for resellers.
As a Markaz influencer, you can start an exciting journey of showcasing Markaz and defining in-depth product knowledge.
Markaz, the revolutionary platform, empowers resellers to launch their online business with zero upfront costs. With Markaz, resellers can effortlessly run their businesses from home, sidestepping the complexities of inventory management, shipping difficulties, and additional overhead charges. Moreover, you can also start reselling on Markaz. if you want some extra money.
Here is the 5 Step Process to start selling with Markaz App:
1. Download the Markaz App
2. Sign up as a Reseller
3. Choose the products and mark up: The resellers can see all the products listed and their wholesale rates. They can decide on a markup, there is no cap on the markup.
4. Generate a Purchase Link
5. Start selling in your circle through your social media without investing money
- Create Sponsored Content
As highlighted earlier, YouTube has introduced its own platform for linking YouTubers with brands, yet this isn't the sole avenue for entering into sponsored content creation. Moreover, independently negotiating a deal implies you won't need to share your earnings with YouTube.
Sponsorship opportunities can emerge organically, especially if you amass a substantial following or specialize in a specific niche, attracting brands' attention.
You can also proactively approach brands with proposals. It's recommended to draft a comprehensive brand or channel pitch detailing what you're offering them. If the brand is interested, they'll establish a partnership, enabling you to craft sponsored content.
However, if you're eager to expedite the process, the onus is on you to initiate contact. It's vital to stay well-informed about advertising regulations, ensuring compliance with relevant guidelines.
Best Practices to Make Money from YouTube Videos
Here are some best practices to optimize your earnings from YouTube videos:
- Create High-Quality Content: Produce engaging, well-edited videos that captivate and retain your audience's interest.
- Find Your Niche: Identify a specific topic or niche that resonates with your target audience, helping you build a loyal viewer base.
- Consistent Upload Schedule: Establish a regular posting schedule to keep your audience engaged and coming back for more.
- Optimize Video Titles and Descriptions: Use relevant keywords in titles, descriptions, and tags to enhance discoverability.
- Engage with Your Audience: Respond to comments, ask for feedback, and create a sense of community around your content.
- Collaborate with Others: Collaborate with fellow creators to tap into each other's audiences and expand your exposure.
- Diversify Monetization: Explore multiple revenue streams, such as memberships, merchandise, and sponsored content, to increase your earnings potential.
- Keep Up with Trends: Stay informed about current trends and adapt your content to match what's popular.
- Analyze Your Analytics: Regularly review your video analytics to understand viewer behavior and tailor your content accordingly.
- Improve Video Quality: Invest in good equipment for better video and audio quality, enhancing the overall viewing experience.
- Offer Value: Ensure your videos provide value to your audience, whether through entertainment, education, or problem-solving.
- Build a Brand: Develop a consistent brand identity through your channel's visuals, tone, and style.
By implementing these best practices, you can enhance your chances of making money and building a successful presence on YouTube.
What is RPM?
When contemplating the earnings YouTubers accrue per every 1,000 views, the metric that comes into play is RPM, or 'Revenue per Mille.' For content creators, RPM encompasses all revenue sources, encompassing ads, channel memberships, YouTube Premium earnings, as well as Super Chat and sticker contributions. Notably, RPM is calculated following YouTube's deduction of its 45% share.
What is CPM?
CPM stands for 'Cost per Mille,' which translates to the cost for every 1000 views. This figure reveals the amount advertisers spend to have their ads showcased on YouTube.
You'll encounter references to both CPM and playback-based CPM. CPM denotes the expense an advertiser incurs for 1000 ad impressions, with impressions counted whenever an ad is exhibited. Playback-based CPM pertains to the expenditure an advertiser bears for 1000 video playbacks, where an ad is featured.
Making money on YouTube is an achievable goal for dedicated and creative content creators. By leveraging the YouTube Partner Program and diversifying monetization strategies, YouTubers can turn their passion for creating videos into a lucrative career. Remember, success on YouTube requires dedication, authenticity, and a deep understanding of your audience's preferences and needs.